Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sarah is 4

"Together is a wonderful place to be."

So our little peanut Sarah is 4 today!
She was so little when she was born. She weighed 4 lbs.
Now she is a beautiful, healthy, smart little lady.
She is loving Preschool. She comes home and first tells me what snack they had that day, then she tells me about her new friends.

Unfortunately, she didn't get to spend her birthday at school.
She was so excited to pass out treats to her new friends. But she had to stay home and get "treated." Yesterday I was called to come pick up Rachel from school. Lice. I have never dealt with this before. I went to pick up Rachel and asked them to have Noah ready too. Then I called Leah's school and told them I was coming to get her and could they please have the school nurse check her. Leah had it too.
The last 36 hours have been tough. I am exhausted! I have done everything I can to clean their hair, clean our home. I hope it is enough.
I have contacted everyone I can think of that needs to know.
Our street has many cases of it. The kids play together, ride the bus together,...We normally have many children at our bus stop. This morning there were four. I have a feeling this is a huge outbreak.
The girls will need to be checked by the school nurse before they can return to school. I just pray that other parents are honest and that they report to the school that their child has it and has them treated and checked. I don't want to go through all of this just to send our children back to school to get it again. Our little cul de sac has been communicating well since we first knew. We even sat outside today and checked each other's children and each other's heads. I'm pretty sure we started some odd conversations when our other neighbors drove or walked by and saw us picking at each other's hair.

This morning we put a candle in Sarah's waffle and sang Happy Birthday to her. Then the day was just busy and messy. I told her I owe her a "redo" when everything calms down again.
When Tom came home we had to take the Rug Dr. back, so we took Cameron, Jacob, and Sarah to the store with us. We let Sarah pick out a treat, some stickers to share with her classmates, and a Dora play phone. She was very happy! Then when we got back home, Tom surprised Sarah with 4 big beautiful pink roses. She had such a smile on her face! But then it was time to go to bed. Sarah didn't want to go to her bed, so I carried her then sat next to her. I told her all about the day she was born. I could tell she loved hearing about that day. And soon her little eyes couldn't stay opened anymore and she fell asleep. Her special day had a good beginning and a good ending. We will do something special to make up for the whole in-between.
Happy Birthday Sarah Christine. You are so very loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment