Friday, August 19, 2011

Jacob Edward 2

"Having a place to go is Home. Having someone to love is Family.
Having both is a Blessing."

Today we celebrated 2 little Shermies.
Jacob and Sarah.
Sarah will be 4 in a couple of weeks, but Jacob is 2 today.
We had a little party at our home for them. It was nice. It was loud.
I am used to the noise, and I actually love it. I hope it wasn't too overwhelming for our guests. God did give us a beautiful day, so some of us were able to enjoy being outside while others were inside.
Tom and I gave Jacob and Sarah a new sandbox.
Sarah spent a lot of time in it. I'm sure Jacob will tomorrow. I think it was a little too crowded for him.
We also gave Jacob a Mickey Mouse stuffed doll. He picked it out while I was at the store with him. He reached for it and didn't want to put it back. We gave Sarah a Dora shirt she can wear to preschool.
They were given other wonderful gifts from our friends and family.
They were definitely surrounded by people who love them today.
I love having parties like this and celebrating our children.
When the party was over, our children just started falling asleep anywhere and everywhere. Right now I have Cameron asleep in my arms. Our other children are asleep downstairs, except our 2 oldest boys. One is playing Monopoly with his friend from up the street and our other is playing video games with our nephew. We have a couple of extras tonight for a sleepover.
Sometimes I wish for a bigger house or better stuff,
but these are the moments when I realize how nice our home is.
It's not just a house - it's a home.
I love that we can have friends and family over and hopefully they all feel comfortable. Our home was filled with children having fun together and adults enjoying each other's conversations. And we fed everyone well too.
I am thankful for today. And may God give extra blessings to our children as we celebrate the days we were blessed with them.

Jacob is 2 years old today!

No comments:

Post a Comment