Thursday, August 25, 2011

A New School Year

"A journey begins with one step."

Brandon, Ethan, Noah, and Rachel all started school yesterday.
So far so good. Everyone is happy with their teachers and classes.
Today Leah started Kindergarten and Sarah started Preschool.
Tom stayed home to watch them get on the school bus.
Leah is on the same bus as Rachel and Noah. She hesitated a little, but got on and smiled out the window.
Sarah's bus came a few minutes later. She started to cry as we walked to the bus. Then she started to scream and cling to her Daddy. Tom had to get on the bus and help her get to her seat. She continued to scream and cry and reach for Tom.
I was holding Cameron, Tom was holding Jacob, and we were both very teary-eyed as we waved to Sarah on the bus.
Heartbreaking.
Even Jakey started to cry when we went into our home. I asked him if he missed Sarah and he said "Yea."
When Sarah's bus came back at the end of her morning, she got off with a smile on her face. She told me they had apple juice and bear crackers. She liked her teacher and had nice kids in her class.
She says she'll go back tomorrow.
Leah also had a great first day. I think she likes being on the bus with her siblings and her neighborhood friends. She likes her teacher and is making friends.
Girls are cute that way.
Rachel has two new friends in her class. I think it's sweet that she asks other girls if they want to be friends and they ask her.
Boys just kind of hang out together.
I think it is going to be a good year. The only thing that worries me is that Brandon gets his permit next week! He is in Drivers Ed this semester. He did bring home a form that our doctor has to fill out first. It's because Brandon has Tourette Syndrome. His tics aren't too bad so I don't think it will be a problem. I'm just waiting to hear back from the Doctor's Office.
I am praying that this year goes well.
Good grades, good choices, good friends, and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment