Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

"God doesn't require us to succeed; He only requires that you try."

Halloween was a lot of fun at our home. We invited a few neighbors and family members over to celebrate Leah's 5th birthday - then fed everyone some healthy food before sending them out to collect all the candy. The weather was beautiful and our children had a lot of fun running around with their friends.
Yesterday was Eucharistic Adoration at our church. I love going to EA. I walk in there and as soon as I sit down in the dark and quiet church, I let it all out. That is one moment when I let go of all of my responsibilities. I just let myself be a child before our Father. Last night I sat and cried. My tears were not necessarily sad tears. They were just made up of everything I needed to hand over to God. My fears, my frustrations, my exhaustion. Taking care of a home with a husband and 7 children while being in my first trimester with our 8th child can feel a bit overwhelming. I felt much better after spending time praying and then singing during the Benediction. I came home feeling "rested" and renewed. I am very blessed. I have a warm, cozy home and a wonderful, loving, supportive family. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment