Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks

"Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there."

Thanksgiving Day. My mother-in-law came over for Thanksgiving dinner. We had a wonderful day. Food was yummy and our children were very well-behaved.
After eating, we decided it was time to share our news with our younger children. We gave Jacob a note to pass to Noah and Rachel. Rachel read it outloud.
It said: I am thankful for my little brother or sister.
It took a moment, but they quickly understood what the note meant - and thankfully we have it all on video. Noah's first words were: "Wait! What just happened?" It was priceless. So now everyone knows why mommy has been so tired and not feeling well. The girls are very excited!
Friday, Tom and I got up at 3:00am and got to our first store by 4:00am. We shopped all day. We got home around 5:30pm. We had a great time - got some terrific deals, but mostly got to spend time together.  
On Saturday, Tom and our 2 oldest took our 3 pets for their yearly check-up. Our cat, Moose has lost some weight. We were concerned. Well, yesterday I got a phone call from our vet. Moosey has diabetes. Ugh. I was upset, but I quickly reminded myself that lots of people hear this about their children - this is my kitty, not my child. Still, he has been a wonderful cat. Our children love him and he loves them. He is always cuddling with one of them. So this morning I learned how to give Moose insulin shots. I told my children to pray to St. Francis and we will see how Moosey does on the shots and new diet. Hopefully after awhile the diet will work and we can take him off insulin.
Oh, what we do for those we love.
Tonight we took our children to the movie Tangled. Very good. Everyone enjoyed it. (Brandon stayed home and babysat Jakey. Tom had taken the boys to Harry Potter on Sunday.) It was a nice "treat" for Noah's birthday. Tomorrow Noah Stephen turns 9!
And tomorrow Tom and I are going to our 1st Trimester Screening. I always get nervous before this test. I just want it over. I have to have hope and faith that our child is healthy. We are praying for all good news tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment