Thursday, November 18, 2010

10 Week Ultrasound

"God tells us to burden Him with whatever burdens us."

My husband came home and picked me up to go to our ultrasound. I was so happy he could make it home. I was nervous and I was full of water! Tom and I were talking about how this was a little too "familiar." When we were pregnant with our 3rd, we had a miscarriage. We found out for sure with an ultrasound at 10 weeks. After a week, my body still wouldn't let go and I had a D&C the day before Thanksgiving.
(Deep breath.)
We got to our doctor's office. Thankfully, we only had to wait a couple of minutes before the technician came and got us. While she asked a few questions, I was trying to say a quick Hail Mary and Our Father. Then we started the ultrasound. Wow! Did our baby grow! Such a huge relief. He/She measured 10 weeks 3 days and heart was beating in the 160's. The little hand was up by the face and the little legs were kicking. Amazing. We tried to get a nice profile picture. I honestly was having a hard time seeing what was what in the picture we got, but Tom and the tech could both see it fine. 
It is so beautiful to see the little life inside.
I have so much to be thankful for.
On our way home we stopped to pick up my wedding ring. It looks so shiny and new. They did a wonderful job. When they asked if we wanted to look at anything else, Tom asked about Mother's Rings. We told them I used to have stackable ones, but first of all the store we used to go to stopped making them and second, stackables didn't really work for me anymore. Then they asked how many children we have. I think this was the first time I had ever said to someone outloud we are expecting our 8th.
Now we're trying to decide when to tell everyone, especially our children. Our 2 oldest know, but not the other 5. And once our 8 year old, Noah, knows - everyone will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment