Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Showing

"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and can receive without forgetting."

I guess it's about time to start telling. I can't "hide" my belly much longer.
Last Sunday I helped with Children's Liturgy. I had to go to the front of the church with all the little children. After mass, one of my friends came up to me and asked me if I was pregnant. I smiled and said "Why would you ask me that?" She said she could tell by the way I was standing up front at mass. Guess I had my hands on my belly. Thought I was helping to "cover up" that area, but instead I brought attention to it.
Last night our children were talking and our 7 yr old Rachel said to our 8 yr old Noah: Maybe Mom will have another baby. If it's a girl, we will have 4 boys and 4 girls. It would be even. And Noah replied: Rachel, Mom is not going to have another baby. Brandon and Ethan just smiled at me. (Our oldest 2 - they know.)
And then this morning, I was in the kitchen and Leah, 5 yrs old, told me that my tummy is really big! I said Thank you Leah. That is what every woman likes to hear.
Yep. I think the news has to come out on Thanksgiving. Maybe at dinner when we go around the table and say what we are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment