Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Leah

"Celebrate Life"

Today we celebrate the 5th year of having our sweet beautiful blondie, Leah. Leah is our 5th child. (I am the 5th child in my family too.) I found out we were expecting Leah right before we went to DisneyWorld. No wild rides for me - a lot of snacking and taking breaks. 1st Trimester and DisneyWorld don't really mix well. But I LOVE going to Disney with my family. Can't wait to plan another trip there, but we will have to. All that fun requires money - Plus, we don't have a vehicle that fits all of us to drive that far. Ha!
When I found out I was pregnant, I was a little surprised. I wanted to be clever with telling Tommy.
First, I tried putting a hot dog bun in the oven. "Bun in the Oven." Well, Tom came home - it was Friday so we do pizza and a movie with our children - and Tom brought in the pizza and went over to the oven to bake it. I stood there as he opened the door, pulled out the plate with a bun on it, he placed it on the counter, and put the pizza in. Hello? Nothing. He didn't even question it.
Second, while on the couch I put my feet on his lap. The socks I was wearing said "Expecting Mommy" all over them. He didn't notice.
Third, I went upstairs to our bathroom mirror. Now, we used to play this game called Mad Gab. You would say words out loud, that when said together, would sound like another word or phrase. We did this on our mirror a lot, so it didn't surprise Tommy when he saw a note on the mirror. This is what I wrote:
Whee harp Reagan ant.
Tommy struggled with it for a few minutes. I had snuck into our room to watch him. He kept saying it and I was trying very hard to control my laughter. I could "hear" him saying the correct sentence, but he couldn't.
Now say those 4 words aloud and blend them together and you get:
We are pregnant.
Finally he got it. And Tommy's face was priceless!
Leah is a sweetheart. She loves her family very much. She loves to sing and dance and play dress up. Leah used to be sort of a "tom-boy" until her older sister, Rachel got a hold of her. Rachel was very excited to get a sister. Someone to play dolls with and to dress up. Rachel taught Leah the fun in getting pretty with hair and clothes. 
Leah has beautiful blonde hair that she got from her grandma - and the most amazing blue eyes. She always has a smile on and is ready to play.
Happy Birthday to our "Stinkerbell."

No comments:

Post a Comment