Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Birthday

"Standing up for what is right can be hard - especially if you stand alone."

I am officially "in my 40's" now.
For my birthday I got to mark one of my goals off. I drove downtown Chicago - and didn't really enjoy it, but made it. Our family went to the Science Museum. We have a family membership and hadn't used it yet because we would have to drive two cars for all of us to go and I wasn't ready to do that. Of course, that means paying for 2 cars to park too. That alone costs a bit of money. And I didn't notice, but our pass only allowed for 3 children. Huh? The lady let us in without buying more tickets, but told us we would have to get a hold of membership to change it. I did. They are sending us new cards. The day was good. Our children had fun and learned a few new things that day. They really enjoyed the submarine exhibit. And our son, Noah is like a little sponge for knowledge. He loves to learn about everything. He is always talking and asking questions. It is fun to go to museums with him.
Today I am going back to the doctor. They are going to listen for our baby's heartbeat. I am a little nervous. I think I am only around 9 weeks and so I know that it might be hard to hear the heartbeat. I went through this with my last child. I ended up going in for an ultrasound the same day because they couldn't hear the heartbeat. Thankfully, all was well. So now if I don't hear our baby's heartbeat today - I won't know if there is something "wrong" or if it's just too early.
It is still amazing to think that we will have another family member this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment