Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Noah is 9

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you as you are to them."

Happy Birthday to our son Noah Stephen (aka Snowman.) Big 9 year old today! We started the day with blueberry muffins. Noah had a candle in his and we all sang to him. For lunch, me, Tom, Jacob, Sarah, and Leah went to Noah's school and had lunch with him. We brought McD's. I am glad that Noah is not too old for this yet. When he saw me he gave me a huge smile and hug. And I love going to my children's schools and hearing "Hello Mrs. Sherman" from other children that know me.
Noah is a wonderful little boy. He is the only one that gave me a "real" warning that he was ready to be born. Eight days before his due date, my water broke. I am thankful that I was at home when it happened. Noah was 6 lbs when he was born. Little peanut. And it is amazing to think that when he was 2 yrs old we put him in speech therapy because all he said was Momma, Dada, and Baby (for Rachel.) He will now talk to you non-stop. About everything! He has so much knowledge in his head. It's amazing. He is a lot of fun and is one of the sweetest people I know.
This morning Tom and I went to have the First Trimester Screening done. Our little one is growing just as he or she should be. Measurements were right on for our due date and the test looked good so far. We have to wait a week to get the bloodwork and have everything "calculated." I am still amazed at how perfect our baby looks at only 12 weeks old and 2 inches big. Baby was wiggling around a lot. I absolutely love seeing the little hands - all the little fingers. At one point, I put my left arm over my head to get more comfortable. Our baby did the exact same thing. Baby's left arm went up over his or her head. The technician made a comment about it and smiled.
So now I am up and trying to do laundry. I skipped a few days and now I am paying for it. I laughed at myself last week when I was doing laundry. After I was done filling and starting the washer, I patted it - like it was my buddy. I thought: Wow! Either I am going a little crazy, or I am spending too much time with my washing machine.
I am also going through boxes of clothes in our basement. I have decided it is time to let go of some stuff. Trying to be strict with myself. There are people who need clothes, and I have a ton just sitting in storage waiting to be used someday - maybe. I have at least a vanload of clothes to donate. I am also digging up coats and hats and gloves. It has gotten pretty cold here today. I am not  prepared for cold weather.
Tonight I am very thankful that we have a home and are not out in the cold. Our house might be a little small for all 9 of us (soon to be 10), but at least each of us has a warm, comfortable bed to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment