Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Respect Life

"Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed."

One step forward - two steps back.
Yesterday was a bit frustrating. I guess some people just refuse to understand. A little compassion would be nice. I get tired of trying to explain my 8 year old son's tics and behavior to adults that I have already explained it to. Sometimes I just want to tell them to "deal with it." Any frustrations they feel, can't compare to what my child is feeling.
My oldest also told me that there are kids making fun of his tics at school. He used to want everyone around him to know about his TS, but now he doesn't. His teachers all know, but he doesn't want all of his classmates to know. Maybe he doesn't want to be known as the kid with TS. He still seems to be comfortable with who he is, but he is a high school teenager. Lots of changes. As a mom, I want to explain to these kids so hopefully they will stop mocking my son, but I will respect my son's wishes. I want him to see that he can trust me with his feelings.
Poor kid just found out he got another "hand-me-down" from me. He was looking a bit yellow to me - eyes, then skin. We got bloodwork done and found his bilirubin levels elevated - same as me. Looks like we both have Gilbert's Syndrome. Nothing to be too concerned about. Just need to try to not get overly stressed or tired.
This last Sunday was Respect Life Sunday. Father talked about accepting children, taking care of those who are sick and/or elderly. I liked where we sat. We usually sit up front when we go into the church, but this time we sat in the back - second row from the last. Behind us was a lady in a wheelchair who was being cared for by her husband. Next to them was an elderly couple who really enjoyed our children - especially Jacob. And a few more elderly people. Then there was our "big" family. Together, we were a good example of  "Respect Sunday."
I feel we are very blessed with all of our children - but I still really needed to hear Father's homily.

No comments:

Post a Comment