Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith."

It is 10-10-10!
Have you ever had someone come up to you and say something to you that was exactly what you needed to hear? I feel like I got a "message" today. The 9 of us went to mass this morning. We sat in the back this time. I was trying to get everyone settled before I headed downstairs to help teach Children's Liturgy. I'm not sure why, but I really felt like people were looking at us. We did have a very long line of chairs set up for just our family. It might just be me, but if people look at us, and I can tell they're counting our children, and then they look at me without a smile - I feel like I am being judged. You would think I would feel comfortable at church, but even there I let it get to me sometimes. (I have heard things that have been said behind my back by "friends.") At the end of mass our children rushed to get into line for donuts. I was gathering our things and holding little Jakey when an older lady came up to me. She looked me straight in the eye, put her hand on my shoulder, and smiled. She told me my children are absolutely beautiful and so well-behaved. She said she knows people with one child who can't handle the one. She said she had always wanted 6,8, or 12 children - she had 3. She looked at me and said,
"God knows what He is doing."
I really appreciated this lady coming up to me. I needed to hear that. It was nice that my older children heard what she had to say too.

No comments:

Post a Comment