Thursday, April 7, 2011

10 Weeks To Go

"Happiness held is the seed. Happiness shared is the flower."

Baby is doing well.
I am doing ok. I have some things to whine about.
Seems a little unfair - I am back to having "morning sickness." I am guessing it's because of all the heartburn and the fact that there is a little boy or girl rolling around near my tummy.
The sciatic pain makes it hard to walk at times and walking up the stairs is like climbing a mountain. Yesterday I had to take a couple of minutes to catch my breath before I could speak to my husband.
I am finding it very hard to stay awake all day. By the afternoon I am drifting a little on the couch. Thankfully my little ones nap.
Nighttime is a different story. It's hard to get comfortable. Growing belly, heartburn, and having to use the bathroom constantly makes it hard to sleep. I guess this is just my body getting me used to having a newborn soon. Have to get used to getting up every couple of hours.
One of my wish-list items is a new rocking chair. I think I found the perfect one. Beautiful looking and comfy enough to sleep in. But I think with the last 3 children we looked at rocking chairs and we always decided it just wasn't something we should spend money on - mainly because we kept thinking we were having our last child :o) This time we might just have to do it.

Jacob is really into cars right now. I even went into the basement and dug up some Hot Wheels and a ramp that we bought for Brandon, Ethan, and Noah. Now I am very glad that I kept a bunch of the boys' toys. Some of the best baby items and boy toys we have are things we bought Brandon when he was born & when he was a toddler.

My Brandon is back on his medication for his Tourette Syndrome tics. I pray it works quickly so he can get back off - only because I know he doesn't like being on it. The tic he has right now is bothering him enough that he felt the need to take his pills. I think it might have been the stress of the quarter ending at school. He is working hard to get and keep his grades up. Very proud of him.
Also very proud of my Ethan. His first year in Jr. High and he has made High Honor Roll each quarter.
All of our children are doing well. I am very proud to be their mother. They have been getting along so well lately - and I am convinced that Jakey is the most blessed little boy. His brothers and sisters take such special care of him. He can do no wrong and is never lonely. They adore him. He is very loved and he loves everyone too. He loves to give hugs, kisses, and "knuckles."
He still doesn't want to talk. He seems to understand what we say to him.
He will nod his head for yes or shake it for no. 
And when he says "Huh?" it is so cute.
That is how he responds to almost everything.
You call "Jakey?" And you'll hear "Huh?" from the toy room.
I will miss that someday.
And I know that I feel a bit miserable right now, but I am treasuring every moment too. Tom says I forget all the negatives with pregnancy anyways.
I know the next 10 weeks will go by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment