Monday, July 18, 2011

Truth Never Changes

"Faith attracts the positive. Fear attracts the negative."

After writing some of my feelings down yesterday about truth,
our family went to mass.
Our priest happened to share a wonderful homily about truth.
"Truth does not change."
I thought this was such a powerful statement.
No matter how much people try to convince themselves
(and sometimes others as well)
 of something different - truth is truth.
Whether it is a simple diagreement between 2 people or society trying to convince people that something is acceptable when it really is not.
Tom went up to our priest and told him how much he liked the homily.
Our priest thanked Tom and told him to "Keep witnessing."

Cameron is now 5 weeks old.
When he was 5 weeks inside me, we saw his heart beating.
We knew I had life inside of me by seeing his little heart beating.
The heartbeat.
That is amazing.
That is beautiful.
That is life.
(Yes, I have experienced not seeing the heartbeat. I now believe that is the little girl who hugged me on my bench.)

Our 2nd oldest left for our church's Mission Trip this morning.
He is going to work on a farm repairing a barn and taking care of baby animals.
I pray that this is an incredible experience for him.
And I pray that I get through the week without crying too much.
Even though I have 7 others here to take care of, I feel a little "empty" when even 1 is not with me.
Cameron and I stayed for mass while we were at our church.
I am going to try and go to mass more often in the morning.
It was very peaceful.
I even had a good cry during the Our Father.
I handed over some emotional stress.
Last night was spent with a terrible migraine. I needed to let go.

And here is proof that children know too much these days.
While pregnant, we really thought we were having a girl.
We started to get our girls' bedroom ready for another daughter.
We hung up dragonfly hooks to hang their pj's on.
We hung up 4.
The other day I was helping our girlies get dressed. I looked at the hooks and said, "Oh. We have 4 hooks, but our baby is a boy."
Our 8 year old daughter Rachel said, "Well, you'll just have to have another baby."
I smiled and said, "Ok. You talk to Daddy about that one."
Rachel then stood up and said,
"Ok. I'll go ask Daddy if he wants to have sex with you."
Yikes!
Blondie CJ. First tubby yesterday :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment