Thursday, July 28, 2011

Children

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord."

Tom and I went shopping last night.
It was almost like a "date night" - something we haven't had in a long time -
but we had the youngest 2 with us.
We were in search of a Baptism outfit for Cameron.
We ended up at a store in our mall.
As we were leaving with Cameron's adorable little white suit, I had a flashback of when we only had 2 little boys.
Then Tom and I had a fun conversation about each of our children and the ways I told him we were expecting each one.
He wants me to write them down.
I told him I will use my other blog to do that.
I would love for our children to read those stories someday.

Each one of our children is a blessing.
We might not have planned for each one, but I am so glad God did.
Sometimes when I am holding our newest family member, I feel that God is smiling over me. He knows I am going to love His child.
I will give His child the love and care He wants for His child.

I do my best with our children.
We can't buy them everything they want, but we can buy what they need.
We can't give them each their own personal space at home, but we can give them a close bond and security with brothers and sisters.
Tom works long hours, but we are blessed he has a job that lets him provide for our family and allows me to stay home with our children.

This weekend our family will celebrate Cameron being Baptized.
We will have a "private" Baptism at our church on Saturday.
We are thankful that our priest will do this for us.
I love that this will allow our other children to be up close and really be a part of Cameron's Baptism. This also allows for our niece and nephew to be here - they are Cam's godparents.

Baptisms are done on Sundays at our church, but this Sunday is the annual Tourette Syndrome picnic. We are glad we will be able to go again this year. It is nice to meet up with other families who have TS.
It is good for our children to meet other children with TS, it is good for Tom and I to meet other parents, and I think it is good for others (esp. those newly diagnosed) to meet our son Brandon. I feel he is an inspiration to others. He handles his TS so well.
He is positive. He is strong. He is amazing.
I am looking forward to a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment