Sunday, July 17, 2011

Truth is...

"With lies you may get ahead in the world - but you may never go back."

Truth is...
I love my family.
When I have a moment of feeling alone, I know I am not.
This week we had some very negative things happen.
I am physically and emotionally tired from it all.
I somehow became very involved in a situation that didn't really involve me.
But I remember when I felt stuck in the middle, I looked around and saw my children surrounding me. This was an amazing moment to me.
I was being "attacked" by someone I didn't even know and suddenly I had my own little "army" of people ready to protect me.
A powerful feeling.

Truth is...
People are going to believe what they want to believe.
I only got involved because I was the only adult around.
I saw the truth and I told the truth.
But that doesn't seem to matter.

Truth is...
That hurts. "Truth Hurts."
It does.
And just when I thought things were getting better, more
truth came along and caused more pain.

Truth is...
I know the truth.
I also know that God has blessed me with an amazing husband and children.
I know that I have 2 special weekends coming up.
I am so looking forward to these weekends.
Leave the drama that I don't need and I don't want behind.

Cameron is growing so quickly! He is amazing!
He smiles and he already "coos."
He eats all the time and sleeps when I hold him.
I have his cradle right next to me in our bedroom, but that's not good enough for him. He doesn't just want my hand and my voice, he wants the whole package. And I don't mind.
I know he will be grown before I know it.
And I know I will miss these days.
I will miss his little bald head.
I will miss the way his little hands and feet rub against my skin.
And it's a wonderful feeling when you know they are so comfortable and feel so loved that they feel safe enough to fall asleep in your arms.
They feel protected.

Sarah loving Cameron



No comments:

Post a Comment