Thursday, June 9, 2011

Here We Go

"I say to my child, I will explain to you as much of life as I can, but you must remember that there is a part of life for which you are the explanation."

Went to my appointment yesterday. Tommy was able to come with me.
Had an NST first. Baby only moved when I poked him/her, but looked good. Had a contraction during the test and baby handled it very well.
After the test, doctor came in and said "Only 1 more week!" And I replied with a frustrated "Another week?" He said "Doesn't sound like that was what you wanted to hear." I told him "No. You were supposed to come in and tell me I am 4 cm - let's pick a day." So then he checked and told me "You win." I was 3 cm so we checked his schedule and we're going in Friday morning at 7:15. Perfect.
Tom hasn't been able to concentrate at work and I have sat at home very nervous many evenings. This way we won't have to rush to find someone to watch our other 7 children and rush to get to the hospital at a moment's notice.
8th baby - expecting things to move along quickly.
Tom's mom will come up and watch our other children when we leave for the hospital and my parents will be coming into town later that day.
A few days ago I was a little sad to think of not having my belly anymore, but there really isn't any room left in me. I have little feet crammed into my ribs. Very uncomfortable.
Plus, I really want to know if we have another son or daughter.
Terrible storms last night - glad I didn't go into labor.
Now we just have to get through today and all can go as planned.
Praying for a healthy delivery - healthy mommy & baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment