Saturday, June 25, 2011

CJ

"You are my sunshine."

I love how your little hand grabs at my shirt,
grabs at my hair.
I love that your little bitty foot fits in the palm of my hand.
I love how you peek at me while resting in my arms.
The little smile that appears for a moment as you're dreaming.
Your little bald head is so soft and sweet smelling.
You squirm in your cradle and are easily comforted when I pick you up.
I love when you snuggle your little face into my neck.
Perfect little nose.
Perfect little lips.
Amazing, perfect little hands.
Eyes that search for the people around you who love you the most.
Who knew I could love 8 little people so much?

Yesterday I took Cameron to the eye doctor again.
One cyst looks like it might be getting bigger, but CJ's sight still does not appear to be blocked by it.
I took 3 of our other boys along too. Their eyes are fine.
The waiting room was crowded.
There was a sweet "older" lady trying to get my Jacob to smile at her.
She asked the boys if they were all brothers. We said "Yes, they are all brothers."
She looked at me and jokingly asked where my girl was.
I said "My 3 girls are at home with my 5th boy."
There was such a gasp in the room from the people sitting around us.
The room was crowded, but we were the only ones talking.
The lady gave us a big smile. She loved that I had 8 children.
That was my experience at church last week too. We went to Saturday night's mass. There were many "older" people there. After mass, many people came up to see our baby. When I told them he's our 8th, I got smiles and heard many of their stories of growing up in a big family.
One gentleman was the oldest of 10. He told me how strict his father was with him and not so much with his younger siblings. I said my oldest probably feels that way sometimes too.

So I am doing ok driving our "monster van."
Still very nervous in parking lots, but I am being a big girl about it!
It will be nice to go places this weekend as a famiy in 1 vehicle.
Tom is outside right now putting a DVD player and back-up camera in our new van. Got to make it more family-friendly.
The one annoying thing - our auto insurance wouldn't cover our new van.
They don't see it as a family vehicle.
They only see it as a rental or industrial vehicle.
So we had to quickly find new insurance. Not something we were expecting.
We're taking all of our needs away from this particular company. Annoying.

Oh well. Time to get going and enjoy the day. It is beautiful.

Jakey & CJ meeting each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment