Monday, October 3, 2011

Respect Life Sunday

"The years teach much which the days never knew."

We went to mass yesterday at noon.
As we were leaving, I walked over to the Respect Life table.
My older boys were with me.
The lady who does the Youth Ministries stopped me to see if any members of my family would like to go paint pumpkins at the Nursing Home.
I said "Sure!" And asked Brandon and Ethan.
They were a little hesitant, but agreed to go. Then I was asked about Noah and Rachel. I said that they would probably love to go.
So our oldest 4 went to paint pumpkins.
I was told that Noah was a little gentleman. He sat and chatted with some of the ladies there - treating them like he's known them forever.
I love that about Noah. He is very social in a small setting.
Rachel gave out fashion advice to the ladies. She gave them ideas on their dress and their hairstyles. Rachel does love fashion.
Brandon and Ethan were very helpful and sweet. Ethan told me that every time he asked one of the ladies what she would like on her pumpkin she only replied "I don't know." Brandon said that one gentleman walked in and put his finger in the paint, drew a frown on one of the pumpkins, then walked out of the room. Brandon found this whole experience depressing.
I explained to him that that was why what he and his siblings did was so special. I'm sure many of the people who live there are sad and lonely.
I was very proud of all 4 of them for going. What a wonderful gift they were that day. Children are such a gift from God.
And what a great way to spend Respect Life Sunday.
Young and Old - all life is precious.
We are looking forward to going back in December to sing carols.

No comments:

Post a Comment