Saturday, September 24, 2011

Miracle of Life

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Today I was not feeling too well.
Little Sarah was "kind" enough to share her cold with her momma.
I really wanted to nap, but life goes on.
Finally this evening I had a chance to relax on our couch.
Tom had to leave - he was working at our town's Fall Fest.
And our children were all asleep.
I sat on our couch, put on a movie, and picked up little Cameron.
He was all snuggles.
His little head rested on my cheek.
His toes were curled up against my tummy.
His little hands grabbed onto my shoulder and my hair.
It was so peaceful.
I held Cameron a little tighter and closed my eyes and smiled.
I was so thankful for this moment.
Then I felt it.
His little heart was beating right against mine.
It was amazing.
I could feel his heart beating.
When he was only 5 weeks old inside me,
I saw his little heart beating during an ultrasound.
Incredible isn't it?
Our heart starts beating so early - and keeps going throughout our life.
I loved seeing his heart beating when he was so newly created,
 and I loved feeling that same heart beating now.
Life.
How can some people even question it?

Cameron aka CJ
3 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment