Monday, February 14, 2011

St. Valentines Day

"For me, there is only one smile, one voice, one touch, one joy, one love. For me, there is only one you."

St. Valentines Day.
Last night Tommy and I went out for an early dinner at Lou Malnati's. I was craving pizza. It was so good! When we came home, we tucked our kids in for the night then I decided I would give Tom his gift. I made a dvd with the song "God Gave Me You" with pictures starting with when we met and ending with pictures from now. Most of the pictures were of just me and Tommy, but I had a little section in the middle that said "All because 2 people fell in love..." and I had our family pictures showing from 1 child to 7 and then I had our 8th's sonogram photo.
Amazing journey. We have certainly been blessed with a wonderful life together.
When I showed our children the dvd, one of our sons commented on how old Tom and I have gotten. (Thanks.) But one of our daughters commented on how Daddy looks so different, but Mommy has hardly changed. (Love her.) Our children watched the video over and over.
Today Tom gave me a beautiful card to go along with the beautiful red roses he had brought home for me on Friday. We gave each of our children their own mini box of chocolates. They were very excited. I love when they appreciate the little things. Our 3 year old daughter Sarah immediately opened her box, lifted it up to her mouth and licked the top of each chocolate. No one will try to take her candy! Smart little girl :o)
Tom and I are hoping to meet somewhere for a cup of coffee when he gets off of work. Our girls are looking through their Valentines they got from school. Our boys are taking turns playing games. Over the weekend Tom and I decided that our boys needed to start earning time to play video games. I put all the games in a bag and put them in another room. This morning, our oldest thought it would be fun to take the bag and hide it. He wanted to start "a game." And with a smile I told him, "Ok. Game on."
I found the bag within an hour - totally on accident to be honest. So then I hid the bag. He texted me later asking me if I had found the games. I said - Yep. When he got home I told him for every chore he did, I would give him a hint. After our other son got home, and after 4 chores and 4 hints, they found the bag. I like this "game." There was no yelling to get chores done - and I got a couple of extra ones out of them. I am going to have to look for an even better hiding place tomorrow.
Baby #8, our little June Bug, kicked hard enough for Tommy and our children to feel this weekend. Amazing. Little Sarah had her hand on me when baby kicked. She looked at me with a slight smile then quickly pulled her hand away. I asked if she had felt that. She nodded then gave me a look like she was kind of "freaked" out. I think she finally figured out that when we tell her there is a baby inside mommy - there really is a baby inside mommy.
Sweet.
I love to move around inside my Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment