Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Life is Precious

"There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but have to learn. And people we don't want to live without, but have to let go."

There is some sadness in me today.
I just learned yesterday that an old school friend of mine passed away. It is hard to understand why when someone we know passes. She was my age. She was a mother. We shared many of life's experiences.
We were very close friends as teenagers. I have many good memories of her. Lots of good times. We went through a lot together including a lot of teenage craziness and emotions. In fact, I was just thinking about her on Sunday. I was going through a list of baby names and came across her name. (She is the only person I have ever known with this particular name.)
How she passed is still unclear.
I am glad to have had the chance to talk to her at our class reunion 2 1/2 years ago. We had not kept in touch since graduation. I remember seeing her at the dinner and being a little nervous to go up to her. I turned to my husband and pointed her out to him. I told him how we had been great friends, but had lost touch after high school. I finally realized I was being silly and told my husband that I couldn't not go up to her and say hello. As I walked up to her, she immediately smiled. We talked about what we had done, what we were doing, and shared about our families.
I am also glad that we reconnected through the internet after the reunion.
I loved seeing photos of her 4 beautiful children.
Life is so precious.
May she be at peace and may God bless her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment