Friday, June 26, 2009

Tigers!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."

Our son Ethan had a baseball playoff game last night. His team didn't win, but it was close and it was exciting. Very proud of all the boys on his team. They played well together. Great team this year. Ethan did great! He hit, he ran, he played well in the outfield. He was given the game ball after the game. I got pretty teary-eyed from that. He loves playing baseball and has a wonderful attitude. I'm already looking forward to next season.
We went out for ice cream after the game (excellent dinner choice!) Our little Leah said she was too cold to eat her ice cream. Uh-oh. It was 90 degrees out. By the time we got home her poor little body had a 103 fever. Now we knew why she slept through most of the game. She says nothing hurts, so I'm thinking it must be a virus. We slept on the couch together last night. ("We" meaning me, Leah, Sarah, and my belly.) Leah's been resting all day, drinking water/juice, and watching movies. I'm keeping a close eye on her - even painted her little toenails blue.
Tomorrow we get to go pick up our oldest from Tourettes camp. I'm so excited to see Brandon and hear how the week went. No letters from him yet, so I'm guessing he's been busy having lots of fun. It's so wonderful that he has a camp like this to go to. People come from all over. We are very blessed that we live 30 minutes from it. Brandon can relax and have fun with other children and adults around him that aren't "bothered" by his tics. He even requested not to take his pills while he's there. I had his doctor fax a note over telling the nurse that it was ok. The pills make Brandon tired and hungry. He is thankful that he has a medication that helps his tics, but doesn't enjoy the side effects. He stopped taking his pills as soon as school was out for the summer.
I'm going to go make lunch for everyone and sneak a bit of chocolate for my baby. He/she moves around a lot after I have chocolate and that gives me some comfort that all is well. I am amazed that I still have about 8 weeks to go. When baby does move, it feels like there isn't much room in there. Kind of hurts. My other children enjoy seeing and feeling baby move. Sarah has quite the look on her face when she has her head on my belly and gets "kicked" - she doesn't mind it so much when baby "kicks" her in the back. They're already fighting over who gets mommy :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment