Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bench Dream

"May you always be overwhelmed by the Grace of God rather than by the cares of life."

Yesterday I had a Non-Stress Test. It went well. Baby cooperated after they gave me a cup of m&m's to eat :o) I am 32 weeks. Sarah was born at 33 wks so they're keeping a closer eye on me this time. I have to go in once a week for an NST until he/she is born.

I read a story once about a bench. Sitting on this bench are the children you are going to have. After reading this I had a dream about my bench. It was a white bench with a beautiful garden behind it. The garden was surrounded by a white fence and a tall white gate. When I walked over to my bench there was a little boy with blonde hair and big beautiful eyes that sparkled. He had his hands folded on his lap and his legs crossed at the ankles. He had a huge smile on his face and looked like he was trying very hard to hold back a giggle. His legs were swinging back and forth with excitement. I tried to ask him his name, but he just kept looking at me with his beautiful smile without talking. In his eyes I could see a lot of love and anticipation. He looked so sweet and loving. When I went closer...my dream ended.
The next day I told my husband Tom about the dream. We both got teary-eyed thinking that maybe I got a glimpse of our next child.
That night I decided I would try to find out his name again. I did dream of the bench, but instead of asking the boy's name, I asked about the baby I "lost" a few years ago when I miscarried. At that moment I saw a little white, fluffy seed sitting on the bench next to the boy. I felt the need to pick it up. I held it for just a moment then gently blew it out of my hand. The seed floated softly through the air, over the tall gate, and into the garden. It landed on the ground. I watched as a flower grew from the seed. To me, it was the most beautiful flower in the garden. Then I looked at the boy. He had a tender, caring smile on his face. That's when I realized that some things in life are "out of our hands" and that we need to let them go. Everything will turn out ok.
Trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment