Friday, March 16, 2012

Cardiologist

"Remember this. When people choose to withdraw far from a fire, the fire continues to give warmth, but they grow cold. When people choose to withdraw far from the light, the light continues to be bright in itself, but they are in the darkness. This is also the case when people withdraw from God."

I met with my Cardiologist.
Tom went with me.
They did an EKG while I was there and checked my oxygen.
My blood pressure was back to where it normally is, so that was good.
I liked my doctor.
He was pretty relaxed about everything and wants to have another Echo done by another tech. This time I will have a stress test done too.
Tom and I felt a bit of relief after this visit.
My Tommy even had tears running down his cheeks when the doctor left the room. My husband is a very strong man and he didn't let me see how worried he has been. These tears were the ones he had been holding in so that I wouldn't get scared. He is my rock here on earth.

So next week I will go have the tests done.
My prayer is that my body is healthy so that I may be a good wife and mother.
I tease Tommy about my talks with God.
My body being made healthy again might be a "sign" that we
should add to our family - if it is God's will.
Tom would prefer I stop having these chats / thoughts :o)
He usually asks me how my bench is looking too.

We do love our children. Each one. Dearly.
Family is the most important "thing" here on earth to me.
I am thankful for what and who God has blessed me with.

Sometimes I read things on Facebook or on the internet that frustrate me.
Today there was an unkind opinion of people I feel I am part of.
There are groups that talk about caring about the health of women.
Possibly saving their lives.
That is all wonderful.
I agree that we should take care of ourselves.
We should take care of others.
And we should help each other out.
But then these groups also believe that life, that is just beginning, is a choice for them to make. How can one pray to God for their life to be healthy and continue to live on - while basically telling God that this other life is their choice? They want to have the right to decide whether or not that other life should continue to live on.
How can one ask for something they are not willing to give?
I don't understand.
Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.
How can one say their life is more precious than another?
At some point our life here on earth will end.
It's going to happen.
What is going to really matter then?




No comments:

Post a Comment