Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Little Vent

"Just as there is one final drop that makes a glass overflow, there is one act of kindness that makes the heart overflow. That is the moment when a friendship has been formed."
Happy St. Valentines Day!

I am happy to say that Thomas is still my Valentine and our children are what love has done.
One of my new favorite sayings from Pinterest :o) Look what our love has done - written over a picture frame.

It has been awhile since I have written. So much going on. Lots of illnesses going on. But that's how it works right? I swear we don't see a doctor for months and then all of a sudden we are there a couple days a week for a couple of weeks. Lots of coughing, fevers, and tummy issues.
I went to convenient care for myself last week. I could not take the pain anymore.
I actually called my husband from the parking lot to see if I should really bother. He told me to go in and take care of myself. So I did.
I wish there was a different place I could go. Last time I went to this place I felt the nurse was rude. And again, I got another rude nurse.
The nurse asked me to give her a number between 1 and 10 to rate my pain.
I said a 7. She put her pen down and looked at me and said, "Really? A 7?"
She looked at Cameron who was sleeping in his car seat and said, "Let's say giving birth is a 10. Now rate your pain."
So I said if giving birth is a 10 then maybe I am a 5.
She said, "That sounds better. Giving birth is painful - which you know. I have 2 children. I did it twice! It was painful."
(Picture me with a little smirk on my face.)
I looked at her and told her that Cameron is my 8th child. I've done it 8 times.
The nurse stopped writing and just looked at her paper and said, "You have 8 children?" Then she looked at me and said, "You know you can prevent that."
Wow. Why do some people think they have a right to make comments like that?
How can you look at my child and tell me I could have prevented "that."
I was so disgusted. She then told me that I couldn't complain about how painful it was since
I chose to keep doing it.
I reminded her that I didn't complain.
And made it clear that I would not have wanted to prevent any of my children.
I love each one of them.
What nerve. I wish I hadn't been in so much pain at the time.
But I just might go grab a sheet when I go back in to write some comments about my visit and Nurse Corinne.

Anyways, so the doctor did find a sinus infection and a heart murmur.
Tomorrow I will go in to have my regular doctor listen to my heart to see what he thinks.
Of course, my anxiety is high.
But my doctor's nurse told me over the phone not to worry about it.
I'm trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment