Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cameron - 6mths

"Don't ever change yourself to impress someone, because they should be impressed that you don't change to please others."

Today was a good day.
It started out a little "painful." Someday I will figure out why I wake
up with headaches often. Thankfully it is Saturday so Tommy could help me out.
I was able to stay in bed until I felt better - not alone of course. I had at least 1 child with me at all times. At one point I had 6.
Tom ran out to take Ethan and Rachel to their Church Choir Christmas party and to do a quick errand.
But my oldest, Brandon, came up and checked on me and brought me hot tea.
He is very good to me.
Once I felt better, it was time to get our Family Room ready for our Christmas tree. We spent some time cleaning while we had Christmas music playing. We finally got our tree up late in the afternoon. 
Somehow our day got away from us and we decided not to go through all the boxes to find our ornaments tonight. We will decorate tomorrow.
Instead, we ordered pizza and watched a Christmas movie. We also made some hot apple cider and just relaxed.
Cameron is 6 months old today!
Time to try rice cereal!
Cam seemed to really enjoy having "real" food. He sat in his highchair and had an audience of siblings surrounding him. He did well.
Cameron also started clapping his hands today. So cute. 
And he was letting out  big laughs this evening. Sarah was running across the floor in front of him then jumping on a box. Cam thought that was the funniest thing. He was on his belly holding his head up to watch Sarah, then he'd just start giggling and rolling around on the floor.
Sarah loved being the "star" of Cam's show and making him laugh.
Cameron is working on sitting up on his own. Still needs a little support, but he does get around the room by rolling. And he grabs everything!
He is also a big talker. No words - though he says MaaaaMaaaa when he is whining. That kind of counts - but a lot of babbling.

Christmas is my favorite day of the year.
I can't wait! I love everything about it!
Church, family, lights, music,...
Tomorrow we are going to mass then to a nursing home to sing Christmas Carols. A few weeks ago we spent an afternoon at our church wrapping and filling up shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. Our children really enjoyed helping others. I know they will love bringing joy to others tomorrow too.
This is what gets me into the spirit of Christmas.
Sharing God's blessings with others.


Cameron James' 1st Christmas
Our Family 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment