Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November - Thankful

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving."

November.
A time to really think about what I am thankful for.
My birthday was this month.
I am thankful for another year.
And what a great year!
 Another little member of our family has joined us.
Last year on Thanksgiving is when we shared our pregnancy with everyone.
CJ is such a blessing. He is very happy. He loves to smile.
Waking up to a little smiling face with eyes sparkling at you is the best way to start a day. Holding CJ and having his arms reach for me and his little hands grab at me is the best feeling.
Even when my hair gets yanked.
And the smell of him.
I truly think that Heaven smells like a baby's head.

I am thankful for our messy home.
Toys on the floor, counters full of crumbs, a sink full of dirty dishes, coats and shoes on the floor, towels and laundry piled everywhere,...
Signs that:
1. We are a large family.
2. We are able to provide for our family what we need.
3. Our children like to have fun.

For these, I am thankful.
Chores are patient.
By the end of the day, they will get done.
(Or maybe the next day.)

I am thankful for family and friends...
especially those who know and accept that our home is messy. It is messy because our family lives here, not because we are lazy. And let's face it - more people means more stuff. Plus, there are just more important things to do sometimes.
For example,
Jacob and I have joined a parent-child play place. I used to take my younger children, but stopped going when life got a little too busy. Now I realize what is important. 
I found a photo of Brandon from about 14 years ago. He was almost 2. Jacob looks a lot like him.
It makes me realize how quickly time goes by.
Having Jacob and Cameron is like flashing back to when I only had Brandon and Ethan.
I want to really enjoy my husband and children.
Really enjoy my life.

I am thankful for the kindness of others.
I have been blessed by many who are close to me, but I have also been blessed by many strangers.
To those I can not thank in person, may they know that I am very touched by their kindness.
I plan to continue the kindness.
I plan to pass it on.

God has surrounded me and my family with so much goodness to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment