Monday, May 30, 2011

16 Years

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Tom and I celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary this week.
It feels amazing that we've been married 16 years, until you add in the fact that we have (any day now) 8 children.

On Sunday I felt a little bit overwhelmed. Rushing to get everyone bathed and dressed for mass can do that, especially being so very pregnant!
Our oldest children ran into church to start setting up chairs because we were running a couple of minutes late and knew we wouldn't find a large pew for all of us to sit in. When I walked in, I was feeling a bit "on edge" and then I went to where our boys were setting up a row. There was another couple there and they had started to add chairs to our same row. Well, we can't really "share a row" so Tom smiled at them and said - We need to set up a lot of chairs. We have 9 in our family. The lady looked at her husband just as I was walking by her, looked at me (and my belly) and then looked back at her husband with a - dare I say -  disgusted look on her face and said "Nine???" We all started to sit down and then the couple just walked away. But unfortunately that comment was the last "straw" for my emotions that morning. I sat down and spent the first 10 minutes of mass crying.
You would think that I could feel comfortable and at peace in our church.
I am always surprised when I feel judged at church. Or made to feel like I am doing something "wrong."
I don't know why God chose us to have so many children. I don't feel that we are being irresponsible. We are just accepting what God wants from us. How can anyone look at our beautiful children and think or say something that basically means that they don't think this child deserved life? Who are they to think they know better? I know I am living as God wants. And I know our 7th (and our 8th) child is meant to be here as much as our 1st.

Ok enough of that :o) Sometimes it's nice to have a blog to vent on.

Tom and I had a very productive week. Tom took off from work and helped me get our home decluttered and cleaned. Love it! I feel much more relaxed looking around our home - if I don't focus on the walls that really need to be painted or the carpet that really needs to be replaced - someday.

Memorial Day.
Today was a nice day. We finished up a few other things, then allowed ourselves to enjoy the day with neighbors. It was beautiful outside! We hung up our flag, got the kiddie pool out, and grilled for dinner.
Tomorrow my hubby goes back to work until our baby is born.
I will miss having him at home with me, but we are very thankful for his job.
Kiddos have a few more days left of school.
They are really looking forward to summer break.
Me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment