Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Week of School

"A sunbeam to warm you. A moonbeam to charm you. A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you."

Last week of school! Summer is coming! Brandon is celebrating the end of 8th grade at Six Flags today with his class.
Where is the wind now that I want it? It is so hot outside! And our children had me stay outside all weekend. Our yard looked like a water park yesterday. We had sprinklers, pools, water guns, and water toys all over. It was nice to just hang out. We had plans that we canceled - a couple of questionable tummy aches - it's nice to be able to just let everyone run around outside together. After we put our children to bed, (And watched Bret Michael's win Celebrity Apprentice!!!) Tom and I sat outside and had a drink. It was nice. Relaxing. We just sat and looked at the stars. Tried to pretend like we knew what we were looking at :o) Dippers, Orion's Belt, and other Constellations,...No clue.
Last week was Carter's wake and funeral. I was blessed to be a part of it. Bible Girls took care of the food and drink at the wake. Over 1000 people came. People (including my husband and our son Ethan) waited for over 2 hours outside. It was touching to see all the people. It got cold as the day went on, but thankfully the rain stayed away. My friend and BG, Betsy came up with the idea of taking coffee outside to the people in line. I immediately thought - what a great idea! - so she and I went out. I brought out the coffee and Betsy brought the cookies. We were pretty popular out there. Soon our friend and BG, Ana joined us too. People really appreciated a hot cup of coffee and I honestly thought - Carter would want this.
My friend and neighbor came to my house the next day and watched our 2 little ones that aren't in school so Tom and I could go to the funeral together. I cried, I even laughed a few times. The eulogy was amazing. The gentleman that did it, did it so well! He spoke as if Carter was saying it. What a wonderful little boy! Very sweet, very caring, lots of fun. At the cemetary they passed out cards that had the song from "Greatest American Hero" on it. (Believe it or not I'm walking on air. I never thought I could feel so free. Flying away on a wing and a prayer. Who could it be? Believe it or not it's just me.) They also played a song a lady wrote about Carter. I had it in my head for the next couple days. Beautiful. Then we all let go of blue balloons. My friend and neighbor said she could picture Carter with his arms open, catching all the balloons.
On Friday, Ethan tried out for his first Musical. He made it! Woo Hoo! So proud of him. It takes courage to try out. He had to go in and read a few lines then sing a short solo. He is going to be in Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. One of my favorites! I saw it with Tommy a few years ago. Donny Osmond! He signed my playbill after the show. It was awesome :o) Ethan then went to his first dance that night. He had fun. Great day for Eepy!
Today is the last Monday of the school year! I have one home with a tummy ache. Noah just didn't feel well this morning. He has a fun day planned at school tomorrow, so I told him to stay home and rest today.
He's upstairs watching a movie while Sarah and I watch Dora and Jacob naps.
Jacob is 9 months old! He is still "army" crawling. He can sit up on his own and can stand up while holding on to something. He waves hello and good-bye and claps his hands. I love this age! It's all about being cute. And he does it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment