Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Carter

"While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about."

Today I woke up to the news that 6 year old Carter Kettner had gone to be in the arms of God. My day stopped. I tried to write something to his mother, but couldn't find the right words. I woke up my children and got them ready for school. I hugged each of them a little tighter, a little longer. They noticed.
The first time I saw Carter's mother was when she drove by my house in a truck and stopped to chat with my neighbor. She seemed like a lot of fun. I remember thinking "I would like to get to know her." But the next time I heard her name was when news of her son came out. I prayed for their family, sent a small gift to their home, and tied blue ribbons around my 2 trees. (Blue - Carter's favorite color. Ribbons - to show hope.) I have gotten to know Carter's momma through church and a Mother's Bible Study. I have been able to do a few things for their family through our group. For this, I am thankful.
I am so honored to know this family. God knew the right parents for Carter. They show so much love, care, and faith. I know God must be very proud of them. They have shared Carter with so many people. They have so many people praying and spreading hope. They have kept their faith strong. May God continue to give them strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment