Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sarah Smile

"Baby hair with a woman's eyes.
I can feel you watching in the night.
All alone with me and we're waiting for the sunlight.
When I feel cold you warm me.
When I feel I can't go on you come and hold me.
It's you...... and me forever.

Sara smile.
Won't you smile a while for me?

If you feel like leaving you know you can go.
But why don't you stay until tomorrow?
And if you want to be free, all you have to do is say so.
When you feel cold, I'll warm you.
And when you feel you can't go on, I'll come and hold you.
It's you.... and me forever.

Sara smile.
Won't you smile a while for me?
"
 
On August 31st we celebrated our little "monkey's" 5th birthday.
It is amazing to see how big she is now.
Sarah was born almost 7 weeks early and was only 4 pounds.
When she was born, it was scary.
It was hard to leave her in the NICU.
But now Tom and I think back to those days Sarah was in the hospital
and we have only good memories.
Tom remembers going there every morning before work to rock Sarah and give her her breakfast bottle.
I remember going every mid-morning to nurse her and
every night to nurse her and tuck her in for the night.
It was exhausting, but also a very special time to bond.
Sara Smile by Hall and Oates triggers these memories too.
That song played several times while Tom and I both sat
in the rocking chair with our Sarah at the hospital.
One of the nurses told us that she bets that's the song that will play
for the daddy-daughter dance at Sarah's wedding someday.
What a beautiful (happy-teary) thought.
 
 Tom and Sarah - just home
Tom and Sarah - 5 years later


No comments:

Post a Comment